Saturday, September 18, 2010

Honey Harvest

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.

Our friends have bees in their backyard.  Since the moment they got them, Matt and I have been completely obsessed, bombarding our friends with bee-related questions every time we're there.  So, we're pretty sure their primary objective for inviting us to help them harvest their honey was to end the onslaught.  It certainly worked.  I went to the "History of Beekeeping in Northern Colorado" exhibit at the Loveland Museum two weeks ago, and I didn't learn nearly as much as I did from one afternoon of harvesting honey.









































It's been  a week since we harvested honey, and we're still a touch hyperglycemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment