Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sampish/Bauer Crew

It's a strange thing, taking pictures of one's own family.  I was trying to determine why it is that I find it so much harder to photograph my husband's family than to photograph strangers, and a friend of mine (who is not a photographer but is awfully intuitive) got it exactly right: it's because my work and my life are colliding.  No one knows this, but Photographer Sara and Regular Sara are two different people.  Photographer Sara is quite a bit nuttier than Regular Sara (who is, admittedly, already a little nutty).  But, I'm not that eager to let my in-laws meet extra nutty Sara.  It's one thing for my husband to know her because she's revealed herself to him in small doses over the last eight years, and it's okay for clients to meet her because they don't know Regular Sara.  But, Photographer Sara can't suddenly show up when the fam is expecting Regular Sara.  So, that means that Regular Sara was the one taking the Sampish/Bauer family pictures earlier this month (and she's an amateur).  Photographer Sara must give her a little credit though; the pictures came out pretty cute.

This is my favorite photo of the day.  Notice how all the adults seem to be loving the group hug, but not a single kid is that psyched about it.  































No comments:

Post a Comment