Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Long Overdue

You may have thought otherwise, but I did not fall off the face of the earth eight months ago.  Instead, I taught six classes at Front Range Community College.  And, though I kept up with the photography, the blog clearly suffered.  Now, here I am, pregnant and four days past my due date; it seems like as good a time as any to update the blog.

Rob and Alyssa's wedding was the last one I photographed during my pregnancy.  At seven months pregnant, I was probably pretty conspicuous as I lumbered around getting the shots.  (In fact, I think I may have made the couple's friends and family a bit nervous; I got a lot of offers for help and questions about whether or not I was okay.)  Despite my appearance, I had a wonderful time photographing this wedding.  Rob and Alyssa are SUCH a nice couple, and their friends and family are great, too.

We shot the pre- and post-wedding photos at the Timberlane Farm Museum in Loveland, CO.  Let me just say that the folks who run this place are my new favorite people.  I had planned to begin photographing the wedding party there at 4:30pm, but the museum closes at 4pm--a detail I failed to note until two hours before the wedding.  (No way, you say?  Oh, it's true.)  When I ran over to the museum (hair still wet from the shower) to manically explain my dilemma, they told me it wasn't a problem and that they'd just leave the gates open for us.  I'm still in shock--did they really leave the place wide open so some strangers could have the run of the place for the entire evening?  Yes, yes they did.

The rest of the photos are at The Garden Room in Loveland, CO.  And, even though this place seriously challenged my indoor photography skills, I really loved the atmosphere created by the lighting.  I'm super excited to shoot another wedding there in March.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

















No comments:

Post a Comment